The Virginia Bluebird Society (VBS) was founded in 1996 to promote bluebirds and other native cavity nesters. VBS is affiliated with The North American Bluebird Society (NABS) and is a Chapter of the Virginia Society of Ornithology (VSO).
Our Organizational Goals
- Promote bluebird conservation projects among our members and other groups
- Establish and support a statewide network of bluebird trails
- Create a consistent protocol for monitoring and record keeping of nest box trails
- Be a resource for research and data collection of native cavity nesters in the State of Virginia
- Develop educational programs and materials to promote bluebird awareness